Starting with our April Virtual Lecture with Sarah Pedlow, the Virtual Lecture Team, with Rand’s assistance, is implementing a new sign-up procedure for the lectures. The current method requires interested members to be at their computer on a specific day and time and the lectures are full in about 2 hours. That isn’t fair. We are introducing a lottery system.
What is changing?
• Sign-up will no longer be first come first served.
• The upcoming lecture descriptions on the website will have the sign-up opening day and time specified in their descriptions (as it is now).
• Sign-up will stay open for a week (Monday 1PM Eastern to Monday 1PM Eastern).
• At the end of that initial week, those members who had expressed interest during that time will be run through a randomization app.
– The list of attendees will be filled in that randomized order.
– A wait list will be generated from those who are not in the top 100, in the order they were randomized.
– If at the end of the week the number of sign-ups is in excess of 150, registration will be deemed full and additional names will not be added to the list.
• An email will be sent by the Virtual Lecture Team to everyone who expressed interest informing them whether they are registered to attend or are on the wait list.
• If you are on either list and determine that you cannot attend, cancellation is essential so that wait listed members can be moved up on the list.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.