The Carolinas Region of The Embroiderers’ Guild of America is pleased to announce Seminar 2023, Crossing the Carolinas 2023, on June 2-4, 2023, at the Village Inn Event Center in Clemmons, NC, 27012.
The deadline for submitting Proposals is June 30, 2022, and we are happy to consider Encore proposals, preferably for projects not previously taught in the Carolinas Region. We will notify you by July 31, 2022, of our decisions. For the selected classes, we will require project pieces for display by August 15, 2022; we will return these to you by September 30, 2022.
A selection of three or four 2-day classes will be offered in different techniques and proficiency levels. The classes will be held on Friday evening, June 2, through Sunday noon, June 4.
Teacher compensation includes:
- Teaching fee of $400 per day (=$800).
- Private room at the Village Inn Event Center (two-three nights, depending on travel requirements).
- The lesser of Economy round-trip airfare or current 2023 IRS mileage rate for traveling by car, plus related travel expenses (transportation to/from airport, parking at airport or hotel).
- Meals during the period of the contract: Seminar provides lunch on Saturday and the hotel provides a free buffet breakfast daily.
- $60 per diem for other meals and incidentals.
If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please contact CAR 2023 Seminar Dean of Faculty, Janet Noble, at RNOBLE@SC.RR.COM or 803-429-1060.
Please email your proposal(s) to RNOBLE@SC.RR.COM.
We look forward to receiving your proposals.
ICNA Standard Proposal Summary Sheet
CAR Proposal Submission Guidelines 2023