The South Central Region of the Embroiderers’ Guild of America will host the 2025 EGA National Seminar at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas, Texas, November 12-16, 2025. Now calling for teacher proposals!
Calling all teachers!
Dear Prospective Teacher,
The Embroiderers’ Guild of America will host the 2025 EGA National Seminar at the Anatole Hotel in Dallas, Texas, November 12-16, 2025.
Please accept this letter as an invitation to submit proposals for Seminar 2025. We are requesting proposals for 4, 3, 2, and 1-day classes. Class configurations should add up to a total of five days.
As a national seminar committee, we feel an obligation to present the newest of the new, pieces that will inspire a student to stretch themselves and explore new techniques. The seminar committee would like to offer classes in various techniques and proficiency levels that are unique and engaging. Please utilize your knowledge and design skills to arrive at original compositions which will inspire and challenge our participants.
Teacher compensation will include:
- $450 per day for teaching
- Economy round-trip airfare or current 2025 IRS mileage rate for traveling by automobile from home to Dallas, Texas, whichever is lesser. Transportation to/from home airport, baggage fees, transportation from DFW or Love Field airports to seminar.
- Hotel accommodations – Private room for six nights – Wednesday through Sunday.
Two seminar banquets and a teacher luncheon will be included during the seminar.
- A per diem for other meals and incidentals such as parking at the airport will be included.
All submissions will be electronic and must be received at Faculty2025@egausa.org no later than January 17, 2024. Please complete this ICNA cover sheet for all proposals.
The proposal packet should include:
1. A high quality photograph or drawing of each proposed piece.
2. Goals of the class from the student’s perspective.
3. A list of supplies that students must bring with them.
4. Estimation of any pre-work required for the piece.
5. Description of kit, supplies or equipment provided by the instructor.
6. Kit price within 10-15% of final cost.
7. A short summary of your past teaching history.
Encore classes will be considered ONLY if a completed ICNA form and documentation of class history is submitted to the dean of faculty by January 17.
Our committee is excited about the work ahead and anticipates a wonderful seminar. We need you and your talents to help make it all happen and look forward to your submissions.
Lea A. Peacock
Dean of Faculty, EGA Seminar 2025