For our October and November Stitch-a-long projects on Facebook, we will be stitching two fun fall-themed projects: An Oak Leaf Needlebook and an Acorn Fob!
Here’s a little more about this month’s project from Stitch-a-long admin Kate Gaunt:
Our October and November projects come to us courtesy of Denise Pratt and Suzanne Bruno from our Southern Maine Chapter. Suzanne designed an Oak Leaf Needlebook and Denise designed an Acorn Fob. Both projects are made of wool felt and they are fun and quick to stitch. The projects create a wonderful fall-themed stitching set.
Instructions for the Acorn Fob will be available in November but you can start gathering your supplies for November’s project using the list below.
Materials needed for Acorn Fob
• 1 3/4″ x 3 1/4″ medium brown wool for acorn base
• 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ dark brown wool for acorn cap
• Small piece of matboard (to cut a 7/8″ circle)
• DMC #5 Pearl Cotton – color to coordinate
• DMC #3371 Floss for cording and for sewing on cap
• Seed beads or walnut shells for filling fob
Thank you to these talented members and we appreciate their contributions for everyone’s stitching pleasure. Come back next month to download the instructions for the acorn fob.