Mid-Atlantic Region Seminar 2022 is extending the deadline to submit teaching proposals until July 1, 2020.
Our Mid-Atlantic Region Seminar 2022, Waves of Stitches, sponsored by the Tidewater Virginia Chapter, will be held June 15-19, 2022, at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott, 235 East Main Street, Norfolk, VA.
We encourage you to submit your most enticing pieces (see NOTE below) for this time of stitching fun. We are looking for pieces that will grab the interests of our region members, something a bit out of the ordinary that pushes the envelope.
*NOTE: The Instructor MUST be able to represent and warrant to EGA, with respect to all materials submitted and materials to be distributed to students for the class identified above, either that:
1. The material is the Instructor’s original creation (EGA definition: “Original”- An original work is one that, from the beginning, is solely the creative product of the stitcher. [Adopted by National Board 10/2003]) and does not infringe upon copyright of any other person,
2. Some or all the material is the Instructor’s adaptation (EGA definition: “Adaptation” – An adaptation is needlework inspired by or based upon a source other than needlework and modified through significant design changes. Source(s) are to be documented. [Adopted by National Board 10/2003]) . For any material not the Instructor’s original creation, the Instructor has disclosed to EGA and MAR, through written credits, the source and author of any pre-existing work contained in materials AND the Instructor has procured and grants to EGA and MAR, license to use and distribute the pre-existing work within materials submitted, except for pre-existing materials in the public domain.
MAR Seminar 2022 will be held at the Norfolk Waterside Marriot. This luxury hotel is located in downtown Norfolk, VA, on the Elizabeth River.
The Faculty Selection Committee will meet June 14-15, 2020. Proposals may be for a one-day class, and/or two two-day classes, or a three-day class, or a four-day class and postmarked no later than June 1, 2020. Teaching days will be June 15-19, 2022. Submissions via e-mail or mail will be accepted. We welcome pieces that have been taught before, but not in MAR within the past 6 months.
The seminar committee will pay the following:
• $ 400/day teaching fee
• Hotel Room 6 days, double occupancy
• Two Banquet Dinners plus per diem
• Economy round-trip air fare or mileage
• Ground transportation from airport to site
• Baggage fee for up to 2 suitcases
• Ground transportation to teacher’s closest airport
Please mark your calendar with these important dates:
June 1, 2020 July 1, 2020 – Proposals must be postmarked or emailed
June 14-15, 2020 – Selection committee meets. Please try to be available by phone.
July 1, 2020 – Selection letters will be sent out.
December 15, 2020 – Finished pieces must be in the mail to me, Christina Hanawalt, to be photographed and presented at the Region’s Camp Wannastitch, January 15-17, 2021.
June 15-19, 2022, Mid-Atlantic Region seminar
The proposal packet should include(link below):
1. A high quality photograph or photocopy in color or black and white of each proposed piece.
2. Goals of the class from the student’s perspective.
3. A list of supplies that students must bring with them.
4. Prerequisite skills you feel the student should have before the class is taken.
5. Any audio-visual equipment necessary for your class to be successful.
6. Description of kit, supplies or equipment provided by the instructor.
7. Kit price within 10-15% of final cost.
8. A short summary of your past teaching history.
Proposals may be sent by email or by regular mail. If you have any questions or issues, please contact Christina Hanawalt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your proposals and hope you have the opportunity to present your special project to our region members.