The South Central Region of The Embroiderers’ Guild of America is pleased to announce Seminar 2023, “Sugar Land Express,” hosted by the Houston Embroiderers’ Guild (HEG) on June 6-10, 2023, at the Marriott Town Square in Sugar Land, Texas (Greater Houston area).
A selection of 1-day, 2-day, and 3-day classes will be offered in several techniques and proficiency levels. We invite you to submit a variety of proposals of multiple lengths (1-day, 2 day- or 3-day classes) to allow us to balance our schedule as we strive to contract each teacher for all three teaching days. The classes will be held on Thursday, June 8; Friday, June 9; and Saturday, June 10.
Teacher compensation includes:
• Teaching fee of $425 per day.
• Hotel accommodations at the Marriott Town Square with choice of room options
– Private room for four nights – Wednesday through Saturday
– Room with another teacher and we will pay for five nights
– Room with someone other than another teacher at seminar, and we will pay your share of five nights.
• The lesser of Economy round-trip airfare or current 2023 IRS mileage rate for traveling by car, plus related travel expenses (transportation to/from airport, parking at airport or hotel)
• Meals during the period of the contract: three lunches on Seminar class days and one Seminar banquet
•$60 per diem for other meals and incidentals.
If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please contact SCR 2023 Seminar Dean of Faculty Terri Zievers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your proposal(s) with picture or sketch electronically no later than October 15, 2021, to: email@example.com. As requested by EGA, the ICNA Standard Proposal Summary Sheet must be the first page of each proposal. We look forward to receiving your proposals.