Our 2021 National Seminar The Magnificent Stitch will take place in Downtown Chicago. Hosted by our Great Lakes Region. Would you like to teach a class at our seminar? More information below.
The Magnificent Stitch 2021
Teach at The Magnificent Stitch 2021
The Embroiderers’ Guild of America’s Great Lakes Region, will be hosting the 2021 EGA National Seminar at the Marriott Hotel on Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago, Illinois. The dates are September 1 through 5, 2021 and our theme is “The Magnificent Stitch.”
We would be delighted to have you propose four, two, and one day classes for our event. The seminar committee would like to offer classes in various techniques and proficiency levels. Please utilize your knowledge and design skills to arrive at original compositions that will inspire and challenge our participants. We are interested in classes that feature one or more of the following:
• Incorporate color and/or design with a theme or specific technique
• Allow students some choices for designs, colors, stitches and/or materials
• Have a history orientation
• Feature clothing embellishment
• Involve projects such as jewelry and three dimensional items
• Produce a notebook
• Allow students the freedom to experiments with projects other than framed pieces
• Encore classes will be considered (please include class history – & ICNA sheet)
All proposals whether mailed or emailed must be received by January 20, 2020.
Do not forget the ICNA cover sheet for all proposals (including encore classes). Information that will assist you in the preparation and submission of proposals is available from me at the address listed below. Our committee is looking forward to receiving your submissions. Electronic submissions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For mailed proposals, please email requesting for postal address.
Dean of Faculty 2021