Our 2022 National Seminar will be hosted by our Metropolitan Region. Would you like to teach a class at our seminar? More information below.
Broadway Bound 2022
Calling All Teachers!
Teach at Broadway Bound 2022!
The Metropolitan Region of the Embroiderers’ Guild of America will be hosting the 2022 EGA National Seminar at the Marriott Marquis Hotel from Wednesday, August 24 to Sunday, August 28, 2022. Our theme is “Broadway Bound”.
The energy of New York City is iconic and New York Marriott Marquis, a vibrant fixture of Manhattan, brilliantly captures its spirit in modern style. Located on West 46th Street and Broadway, the hotel is near NYC’s most illustrious attractions, including Times Square.
We would be delighted to have you propose one, two, and/or four day classes for a total of five teaching days at our event. The seminar committee would like to offer classes in various techniques and proficiency levels. Please utilize your knowledge and design skills to arrive at original compositions that will inspire and challenge our participants.
All proposals, whether mailed or emailed, must be sent to Dean of Faculty Ellen Saines and received by January 25, 2021. Please complete the attached ICNA cover sheet for all proposals.
The proposal packet should include:
1. Several high quality images, in .jpeg, that show the entire design as well as close-ups of several areas within your designs. Also include drawings of the designs if available.
2. Goals of the class from the student’s perspective.
3. A list of supplies that students must bring with them.
4. Description of kit, supplies or equipment provided by the instructor.
5. Kit price within 10-15% of final cost.
6. A short summary of your past teaching history.
Our committee is looking forward to receiving your submissions. Electronic submissions should be sent to Ellen at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For mailed proposals, please contact Ellen.
2022 Seminar Chair
2022 Dean of Faculty