The New England Region invites you to Boston for the 2023 EGA National Seminar, Boston Stitch Party. Early registration has started! We have 72 classes for you to choose from, that represent a wide variety of techniques from basic to advanced.
Boston Stitch Party
Welcome to Seminar Central 2023!
Join us for Boston Stitch Party, EGA's 2023 National Seminar on September 1-5, 2023 in Boston, MA! Register and see the classes below!
Join us in Boston!
The New England Region cordially invites you to join us in Boston for the 2023 EGA National Seminar, Boston Stitch Party.
We have 72 classes for you to choose from, that represent a wide variety of techniques from basic to advanced. Our faculty of 30 teachers from the US, Australia and Scotland are looking forward to greeting you next September in class.
Our seminar hotel is the 4-star Sheraton Boston, centrally located in the Back Bay, within walking distance of great shopping, dining and sight-seeing. Plan to come early and stay late for a great Boston Stitch party.
2023 Seminar Chair
2023 Dean of Faculty
Seminar Central 2023
All EGA members are eligible for Early Registration for Seminar 2023.
Please read this important information carefully.
• Boston Stitch Party Seminar Early Registration for ALL EGA members begins on Wednesday, August 24, 2022, and closes on Monday, September 26, 2022. Early registration can be processed either online or by mail. Follow this link to register online or download the early registration form and instructions below to register by mail.
• On Wednesday, August 24, 2022, seminar information will be available on the EGA website on this page. This includes: early registration form and instructions, class descriptions and photos, explanation of seminar fees, hotel information, and EGA policies on seminar cancellation and the facilities use fee. All early registrations received at Seminar 2022 or processed by mail or online by September 26, 2022, will be considered equal. Early registration forms must be emailed or postmarked by September 26, 2022. Early registrations after that date will not be accepted.
• Compilation of early registrations will occur after September 26, 2022. All classes that are over-subscribed during early registration will go to lottery. Acknowledgement of early registration, along with class assignment and credit card receipt (if applicable), will be emailed or mailed to registrants by October 26, 2022.
• Early registrations will be accepted from EGA members for:
- Five Days ($832*) (Friday, 9/1 through Tuesday, 9/5/2023) includes one 1-day and one 4-day class OR one 1-day and two 2-day classes, plus Friday and Monday banquets;
- Four Days ($752*) (Saturday, 9/2 through Tuesday 9/5/2023) includes one 4-day OR two 2-day classes, plus Friday and Monday banquets;
- Three Days ($514*) (Friday, 9/1 through Sunday, 9/3/2023 OR Friday, 9/1 and Monday 9/4 through Tuesday, 9/5/2023) includes one 1-day and one 2-day class, plus one banquet;
- Two Days ($434*) (Saturday, 9/2 through Sunday, 9/3/2023 OR Monday, 9/4 through Tuesday, 9/5/2023) includes one 2 day class, plus one banquet;
*Cost includes registration and $100 non-refundable deposit. Cost does not include kit fees, special events, etc.
- One Day ($100) (Friday, 9/1/2023) includes one 1-day class and NO banquet.
• The early registration form requires basic information: name, address, phone number, EGA membership number, chapter and region, and first, second, and third class choices. All information must be provided and please print clearly. Sign and date the participant acknowledgment of the Cancellation and Facilities Use Fee Policies. Registrations will not be processed if this section is blank.
• Payment of $100 USD must be included with ALL Early Registrations. For registrations for 2-5 days of class, this deposit will be applied toward the total registration fee as listed above and is non-refundable in the case of cancellation. For registrations for 1 day of class, this deposit will be applied to the class and kit fees and will be refunded in full in the case of cancellation.
• Payment may be made by check, money order (payable to EGA Seminar 2023) or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover). Submit the registration form and payment to assistant registrar:
Email: Registrar2023@egausa.org, Or mail to Elizabeth Slomba, Assistant Registrar, using the address in the registration form.
• To maintain early registration status, the Seminar 2023 registrant MUST complete the Seminar 2023 registration form online or by mail. The form will be sent to all early registrants by February 1, 2023. It must be completed and received by the assistant registrar by March 1, 2023, together with appropriate registration fees and kit fees. Payment can be made by check, money order or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover).
• If the balance of registration fees and kit fees is not paid by March 1, 2023, the registrant forfeits early registration class assignment.
• There will be a $30 fee assessed for each change in class selection after May 15, 2023. Such changes made after that date will forfeit early registration status.
• A one-time facilities use fee of $425 will apply to all persons registered for two or more days of classes or as non-participants who do not stay at the designated hotel(s) at the EGA-contracted rate, unless the national seminar director approves alternate arrangements.
• All seminar cancellation policies are in full force and effect and can be viewed below under the EGA Cancellation and Facilities Use Fee Policies tab.
• Questions: Contact National Seminar Assistant Registrar, Elizabeth Slomba at Registrar2023@egausa.org or 207-358-8692 (please, no calls after 9 PM ET), or National Seminar Registrar, Shawn Miller at email@example.com.
2023 Seminar Classes and Region Mini Classes
We will have a great selection of exciting classes at our 2023 seminar! Click the link below to see the seminar classes!
Region Mini Classes
The New England Region of EGA will be hosting five mini-classes at the 2023 National Seminar on Thursday, August 31, 2023 at the Sheraton Boston.
Registration for these classes is separate from seminar registration and requires this Registration Form. All registrations received are on a first come, first served basis.
Class Selection and Proficiency Levels
We have made every effort to describe each class accurately. Please rely on the class description as your primary guide in choosing your class(es), paying particular attention to the techniques used, materials, and level of difficulty. If a student registers for a class that is beyond the student’s proficiency level, we are not responsible for the student’s success in the class.
To help you select a class, please be familiar with the following EGA proficiency-level definitions:
Basic: No experience with the technique being taught is necessary.
Intermediate: Knowledge of basic stitches, materials, and their use in the technique being taught is required.
Advanced: Ability to execute simple and difficult stitches in the technique is required. The student should also have knowledge of color and design that will allow exploration and creativity.
All levels: Class is suitable for all levels.
Reminder: All student electronics, including task lights, used in the classrooms must be battery-operated.
Boston Stitch Party Merchandise
Get ready for Boston Stitch Party with the official seminar merchandise! Download the list of products and order form below.
EGA National Seminar 2023 Announces Faculty for 'Boston Stitch Party'
We are excited to announce our faculty of 30 teachers from the US, Australia and Scotland, who are looking forward to greeting you next September in class.
Seminar 2023 Faculty: Alison Cole, Amee Sweet-McNamera, Barbara Ellis, Canby Robertson, Carol Peao Currier, Catherine Jordan, Catherine Theron, Cheryl Christian, Chris Berry, Dawn Donnelly, Debbie Rowley, Deborah Mitek, Denise Pratt, Gail Stafford, Jane Ellen Balzuweit, Jane Nicholas, Jennifer Riefenberg, Joyce Houck, Kate Festo, Kathy Andrews, Kris Andrews, Kurdy Biggs, Margaret Kinsey, Marylyn Doyle, Melinda Sherbring, Mendie Cannon, Pat Olski, Patricia Goaley, Terri Bay, Wendy Moore.
The Sheraton Boston Hotel
located in the historic Back Bay neighborhood of downtown Boston, is the site for
Boston Stitch Party
EGA 2023 National Seminar
Located 4 miles from Logan International Airport, all of the elements blend perfectly at the 4-star Sheraton Boston Hotel, greeting you with upscale accommodations, outstanding service and an incredible location in downtown Boston. Nestled in the historic Back Bay neighborhood and directly connected to the Prudential Center, we provide a modern backdrop for work and play. Experience iconic Boston attractions like Fenway Park or stroll along Newbury Street, home to premier shopping and dining all housed in beautiful brownstone buildings. Keep walking towards the Charles River and enjoy a beautiful view by the water. In warmer months, people run and bike on paths running along the esplanade, and sail and kayak on the Charles River. Boylston street, also full of shops, bars, and restaurants, is the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
Designed with the modern traveler in mind, our hotel accommodations offer space and style. Find the comforts of home in our rooms featuring inviting details like Sheraton Sleep Experience Beds, Starbucks coffee, 55-inch TVs with Netflix, complimentary wireless internet access, mini-refrigerators, and complimentary bottled water.
One of Boston’s premier luxury spas, Green Tangerine is our full-service salon and spa offering a range of beauty and wellness services, including comprehensive spa packages.
New England’s largest indoor/outdoor hotel pool features lap lanes, an outdoor patio, and a retractable glass ceiling which allows guests to soak up the sun during warm weather. Surrounding the 18-meter pool are a redwood sauna and the state-of-the-art Sheraton Fitness center— equipped with the latest technology, including top-of-the-line Life Fitness strength machines, an individual LCD television on each cardiovascular piece, and a separate free weight and functional training area.
One of the oldest cities in the United States, Boston is rich with history and offers many sightseeing opportunities. There’s the Freedom Trail with its 16 significant sites including the Paul Revere House circa 1680 and the U.S.S. Constitution aka Old Ironsides which is the world’s oldest commissioned naval vessel still afloat, Boston Public Garden, Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market, museums, New England Aquarium, theatres, Fenway Park (the Boston Red Sox will be playing some home games), whale watches, cruises, trolley tours and much more.
Hotel dining options include a modern take on the restaurant experience at MARKET, which offers a selection of freshly made, grab-and-go items inspired by our New England surroundings, or you can unwind at Sidebar & Grille, our casual restaurant and hotel lounge. There are an additional 160 plus restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.
The seminar rate is $205.00 plus tax per night. Rooms may have a king bed, a queen bed or two double beds, and can accommodate triple occupancy or quadruple occupancy.
Reminder – Facilities Use Fee
A one-time facilities use fee of $425 will apply to all persons registered for two or more days of classes or as nonparticipants who do not stay at Sheraton Boston Hotel or other designated hotel(s) or to anyone staying at the Sheraton Boston Hotel or other designated hotel(s) with a room rate other than the EGA-negotiated rate, unless the seminar chair approves alternate arrangements. This one-time fee applies because their stay will not be considered part of the seminar room block which contributes toward payment of the event and classroom space.
The hotel has opened a secure registration link dedicated to our event. This link is: https://book.passkey.com/go/EGASeminarSep2023
Caution: You must use this link or the link available when registering online to obtain the seminar group rate. The hotel will not honor the group rate for reservations made through the Sheraton reservation system online.
Call +1 (800) 325-3535 or (617) 236-2000. Mention The Embroiderers’ Guild of America, Inc., 2023 Seminar to obtain the seminar group rate. The keyword to mention will be Mini Hotel Code: EGA.
The deadline for making reservations is 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, Friday, August 4, 2023.
The Sheraton Boston Hotel currently charges $65.00 per day for parking. Valet parking is currently $65.00 per day. These rates are subject to change.
The Sheraton Boston Hotel is located about 4 miles from Logan International Airport (BOS). One-way taxi service from the airport to the hotel costs about $30.00. Other options can be found here: http://www.massport.com/logan-airport/to-from-logan/transportation-options/
Questions? We're here to help!
Cancellation and Facilities Use Policies
Please download and read our policies regarding cancellations and facilities use.