The Tennessee Valley Region of The Embroiderers’ Guild of America, Inc. will hold its 2021 region seminar June 25-27, 2021 at Whispering Woods Conference Center in Olive Branch, MS. It is a beautiful facility just south of Memphis, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Memphis has a lot of attractions such as Graceland, Beale Street and the National Civil Rights Museum.
The deadline for the proposals for two-day classes is January 15, 2020 and you will be advised of selections by February 19, 2020. We would prefer electronic submissions but any form is welcome. Please include the ICNA Universal Proposal Form with each proposal and submit to Mary Bonds, Dean of Faculty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our theme is Potluck Stitchin’ and we would love it if you design something special for this seminar. We are focusing on sunflowers and want to go back to simpler times with great Southern potluck food and ideals. We are looking for a beginner to advanced level of projects in a variety of techniques.
The fee schedule for this seminar includes:
• $350 per day for two days teaching fee. Our class schedule is Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and Sunday morning.
• ½ room for the seminar
• Economy round-trip air fare (including one suitcase) or mileage
• $50/day per diem for 2 days
• Thursday night program (6/24/21), Friday Faculty luncheon (6/25/21), and Saturday night banquet (6/26/21).
Thank you for your consideration, we can’t way to see your submissions!
– Vera Grimsley, TVR Region Director