• Jessica Raynor posted an update in the group Group logo of EGA Discussion GroupEGA Discussion Group 7 months, 3 weeks ago

    Does anyone know what type of frame this is? I have googled brooch embroidery/needlepoint frame and I find people selling a finished product like the picture or plain wooden frames. I’m at a loss on what else this frame could be called or where to buy them.

    The picture was taken from the etsy page themagickcat

    • Hi Jessica – it looks like a brooch blank that has been filled with petit-point. Probably stitched in a small count silk gauze. Mary Corbet has articles on stitching on silk gauze. It’s usually taped into small mat board for stitching, using one strand of silk or cotton floss. I didn’t see any blank jewelry settings exactly like this, but if you do searches on jewelry blanks, or settings etc. you might have more luck! Happy searching – hope this helps!

    • Jessica, maybe do your search for brooch blank under “findings.”