- 2 skeins Anchor Coton a Broder 16 (color 2)
- 1 skein Anchor Coton a Broder 30 (color 2)
- 2 skeins Anchor Stranded Cotton (color 2)
- 14” square of Edinburgh (35-count) linen
- 14” square Newcastle (40-count) linen (needed for layering)
- embroidery needles size 10-12
- chenille needles size 24
- tapestry needles size 26
All Students will also need
- A good frame (recommend either a slate frame if available or an Elbesee hoop, 10” is ideal)
- White sewing thread
- Embroidery scissors (a pair of curved scissors and lace scissors are really helpful but not strictly necessary)
- Usual stitching supplies, including light and/or magnification, if needed.
If the student is kitting themselves
Some may want to change the colors. For example, it would look lovely stitched with a colored thread on white linen or vice versa – which makes it easier for those that can’t see as well. But please note that it is not recommended to change the thread count as the stitches work best when stitching on 35-count linen.