Early registration for Boston Stitch Party is now open and continues through December 2, 2019. See below for classes, registration information and more.
Boston Stitch Party
Come join us at our
2020 National Seminar
Our 2020 National Seminar: Boston Stitch Party will be held
at the Sheraton, Back Bay Boston, MA on
September 4-8, 2020.
Scroll down for prices, hotel information and all the details!
Boston Stitch Party Seminar Early Registration for Seminar 2019 attendees begins in St. Louis, Missouri, on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 and continues through Sunday, November 3, 2019. Early Registration for all EGA members begins on Sunday, November 3, 2019, and closes on Monday, December 2, 2019.
Early registration can be processed either online or by mail. Follow the link on the EGA website to register online or download the early registration form and instructions to register by mail.
On Sunday, November 3, 2019, seminar information such as early registration form and instructions, class descriptions and photos, explanation of seminar fees, hotel information and EGA policies on seminar cancellation and facilities use fee are available on this page.
All early registrations received at Seminar 2019 or processed by mail or online by December 2, 2019, will be considered equal. Early registration must either be completed online or postmarked by December 2, 2019. Early registrations after that date will not be accepted.
Compilation of early registrations will occur after December 2, 2019. All classes that are over-subscribed during early registration will go to lottery. Acknowledgement of early registration, along with class assignment, and credit card receipt (if applicable) will be emailed or mailed to registrants by January 15, 2020.
Early registrations will be accepted from EGA members for:
• Five Days ($775*) (Friday, 9/4 through Tuesday, 9/8/2020) includes one 1-day and one 4-day class OR one 1-day and two 2-day classes, plus Friday and Monday banquets;
• Four Days ($690*) (Saturday, 9/5 through Tuesday 9/8/2020) includes one 4-day OR two 2-day classes, plus Friday
and Monday banquets;
• Three Days ($480*) (Friday, 9/4 through Sunday, 9/6/2020 OR Friday, 9/4 and Monday 9/7 through Tuesday, 9/8/2020) includes one 1-day and one 2-day class, plus one banquet;
• Two Days ($395*) (Saturday, 9/5 through Sunday, 9/6/2020 OR Monday, 9/7 through Tuesday, 9/8/2020) includes one 2-day class, plus one banquet;
*Cost includes registration and $100 non-refundable deposit. Cost does not include kit fees, special events, etc.
One Day ($85) (Friday, 9/4/2020) includes one 1-day class and NO banquet.
The early registration form requires basic information: name, address, phone number, EGA membership number, chapter
and region, first, second and third class choices. All information must be provided, and please print clearly. Sign and date the participant acknowledgment of the Cancellation and Facilities Use Fee Policies. Registrations will not be processed if this section is blank.
• Payment of $100 USD must be included with ALL Early Registrations. For registrations for 2-5 days of class, this deposit will be applied toward the total registration fee as listed above and is non-refundable in the case of cancellation. For registrations for 1 day of class, this fee will be applied to the class and kit fees and will be refunded in full in the case of cancellation.
• Payment may be made by check, money order (payable to EGA Seminar 2020) or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover). Submit the registration form and payment to assistant registrar: Linda Tierney, Assistant Registrar, 4 Chapman Ave, Andover, MA 01810
• To maintain early registration status, the Seminar 2020 registrant must complete the Seminar 2020 registration form online or by mail. Detailed instructions will be sent to all early registrants by February 1, 2020. Registration must be completed online or received by the assistant registrar by March 1, 2020, together with appropriate registration fees and kit fees. Payment can be made by check, money order or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover).
• If the balance of registration fees and kit fees is not paid by March 1, 2020, the registrant forfeits early registration class assignment.
• There will be a $30 fee assessed for each change in class selection after May 15, 2020. Such changes made after that date will forfeit early registration status.
• A one-time facilities use fee of $425 will apply to all persons registered for two or more days of classes or as nonparticipants who do not stay at the designated hotel(s) at the EGA-contracted rate, unless the national seminar director approves alternate arrangements.
• All seminar cancellation policies are in full force and effect and can be viewed here.
Contact National Seminar Assistant Registrar, Linda Tierney at Registrar2020@egausa.org or 978-729-3111 (please, no calls after 9 PM ET).
Contact National Seminar Registrar, Debbie Bryza at firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-642-2489 (please, no calls after 9 PM PT).
2020 Seminar Classes
The Sheraton Boston Hotel, located in the historic Back Bay neighborhood of downtown Boston, is the site for Boston Stitch Party, our 2020 National Seminar.
Located 4 miles from Logan International Airport, all of the elements blend perfectly at the 4-star Sheraton Boston Hotel, greeting you with upscale accommodations, outstanding service and an incredible location in downtown Boston. Nestled in the historic Back Bay neighborhood and directly connected to the Prudential Center, we provide a modern backdrop for work and play. Experience iconic Boston attractions like Fenway Park or stroll along Newbury Street, home to premier shopping and dining all housed in beautiful brownstone buildings. Keep walking towards the Charles River and enjoy a beautiful view by the water. In warmer months, people run and bike on paths running along the esplanade, and sail and kayak on the Charles River. Boylston street, also full of shops, bars, and restaurants, is the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
Designed with the modern traveler in mind, our hotel accommodations offer space and style. Find the comforts of home in our rooms featuring inviting details like Sheraton Sleep Experience Beds, Starbucks coffee, 55-inch TVs with Netflix, complimentary wireless internet access, mini-refrigerators, and complimentary bottled water.
One of Boston’s premier luxury spas, Green Tangerine is our full-service salon and spa offering a range of beauty and wellness services, including comprehensive spa packages.
New England’s largest indoor/outdoor hotel pool features lap lanes, an outdoor patio, and a retractable glass ceiling which allows guests to soak up the sun during warm weather. Surrounding the 18-meter pool are a redwood sauna and the state-of-the-art Sheraton Fitness center— equipped with the latest technology, including top-of-the-line Life Fitness strength machines, an individual LCD television on each cardiovascular piece, and a separate free weight and functional training area.
One of the oldest cities in the United States, Boston is rich with history and offers many sightseeing opportunities. There’s the Freedom Trail with its 16 significant sites including the Paul Revere House circa 1680 and the U.S.S. Constitution aka Old Ironsides which is the world’s oldest commissioned naval vessel still afloat, Boston Public Garden, Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market, museums, New England Aquarium, theatres, Fenway Park (the Boston Red Sox will be playing some home games), whale watches, cruises, trolley tours and much more.
Hotel dining options include breakfast at Apropos from early morning until 11:00 am. Or find a modern take on the restaurant experience at MARKET, which offers a selection of freshly made, grab-and-go items inspired by our New England surroundings. Or you can unwind at Sidebar & Grille, our casual restaurant and hotel lounge. Or there are an additional 160 plus restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.
The seminar rate is $199.00 plus tax per night. Rooms may have a king bed, a queen bed or two double beds, and can accommodate triple occupancy or quadruple occupancy.
Reminder: Facilities Use
A one-time facilities use fee of $425 will apply to all persons registered for two or more days of classes or as nonparticipants who do not stay at Sheraton Boston Hotel or other designated hotel(s) or to anyone staying at the Sheraton Boston Hotel or other designated hotel(s) with a room rate other than the EGA-negotiated rate, unless the seminar chair approves alternate arrangements. This one-time fee applies because their stay will not be considered part of the seminar room block which contributes toward payment of the event and classroom space.
The hotel has opened a secure registration link dedicated to our event. This link is: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1564758862012&key=GRP&app=resvlink
Caution: You must use the link on this page or the link available when registering online to obtain the seminar group rate. The hotel will not honor the group rate for reservations made through the Sheraton reservation system online.
Call 1-888-236-2427. Mention the Embroiderers’ Guild of America, Inc., 2020 Seminar to obtain the seminar group rate.
The deadline for making reservations is 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, Friday, July 31, 2020.
The Sheraton Boston Hotel currently charges $42.00 per day for parking. Valet parking is currently $58.00 per day. These rates are subject to change.
The Sheraton Boston Hotel is located about 4 miles from Logan International Airport (BOS). One-way taxi service from the airport to the hotel costs about $30.00. Other options can be found here.
Sheraton Boston Hotel | 39 Dalton Street | Boston, MA 01299 | Phone: 617-236-2000
2020 Seminar Faculty Announced
We are pleased to announce the faculty for our 2020 National Seminar in Boston, MA!
Jane Ellen Balzuweit
Marsha Papay Gomola
Amee K. Sweet-McNamara
Get your Boston Stitch Party 2020 Merchandise! We are offering a great selection of items including Boston Stitch Party Name Tags you can stitch ahead and be ready for 2020!
Click the link below to see all the available merchandise including bags, needle minders and more.
EGA Cancellation and Facility Use Policies
Please download and read our policies regarding cancellations.